Celebrating 20 years!
This summer Black Star Farms turns 20 and we are inviting you to celebrate with us! Join us for a week of special events at our Suttons Bay location Monday, July 23rd through Saturday, July 28th. Whether you want to blend your own wine, explore our trails while tasting wine or experience our savory Seafood Paella at the Hearth & Vine Café, we have plenty of fun activities for you to choose from. Click on the event to purchase tickets.
- Wine Blending Class, $60 – Our wine making team will guide you through the intricacies of blending red wine. Immerse yourself in the art and craft of blending wines with this hands-on opportunity. You will leave with a bottle of your very own blended wine. Thursday, July 26 2pm.
- Trail Hike and Wine Tasting, $25 – Get outside for a nature hike and wine tasting led by Innkeeper Sean, a former park ranger. Enjoy an informative 1.5 mile walk on our onsite trail system while enjoying a flight of 6 award winning Black Star Farms wines along the way. Wednesday, July 25 12pm & 2pm, Saturday, July 28 12pm & 2pm.
- Wine and Cheese, $15 per flight – What better way to taste our wines! The Suttons Bay tasting room will be offering a red wine and cheese flight and a white wine and cheese flight for your pairing pleasure all week long. Monday, July 23 – Saturday July 28, no tickets or reservations are required.
- Vertical Wine Tasting – Riesling, $20- Sample through 5 different vintages of Riesling and experience the intriguing aging potential of this incredibly versatile white wine. Tuesday, July 24 12pm & 3pm.
- Vertical Wine Tasting – Pinot Noir, $20 – Sample through 5 different vintages of Pinot Noir and experience the wonderful aging potential of this beautifully nuanced red wine. Thursday, July 26 12pm & 3pm.
- Estate Tours, no charge – Join us for a complementary guided walking tour of our breathtaking property including our exclusive Inn, vineyard, centennial barn and wine cave while learning the history of our iconic 160 acre estate and about the incredible journey from grape to glass. Daily Monday, July 23 – Saturday July 28 10am & 1pm, reservations not required.
- Barrel Tasting on the Patio, $15- Have you wondered what your wine tastes like before it makes it into the bottle? This exclusive tasting experience will highlight the progression from barrel to bottle. You will taste barrel samples of the Arcturos Barrel Aged Chardonnay and the Arcturos Pinot Noir next to our current bottled vintages. Tuesday, July 24 11am.
- Cocktail Class, $40- Allow our resident Mixologist Blake help you get comfortable behind the bar! Observe and sample as he makes 4 classic cocktails with a twist featuring Black Star Farms wines and spirits. This course will cover a variety of cocktail styles, basic ingredients needed and crucial tools and techniques. Each participant will take home an information packet including recipe cards and a 7 piece bar set, everything you need to impress your friends and family at home! Friday, July 27 2pm.
- Seafood Paella Nights, $30 – Join us at the Hearth & Vine Cafe for our Northern Michigan take on this wildly popular global dish. It’s more than a meal, it’s an experience! Wednesday, July 25 6:30pm, Friday, July 27 5pm, the 7pm seating is sold out.
- Great Lakes Fish Boil, $30 – At the Hearth & Vine Cafe, the fish boil is to the Great Lakes what the clam bake is to New England! Thursday, July 26 6:30pm.