There’s plenty to love about visiting our Traverse City Bed and Breakfast in the winter, and it goes far beyond enjoying a glass of wine at our top-rated Leelanau Peninsula winery. In fact, not only are there fantastic wineries on the Leelanau Peninsula Wine Trail, but there are tons of fun and adventurous things to do in Traverse City in the winter – both on the peninsula and beyond!
Black Star Farms is a top-rated Traverse City Bed and Breakfast destination. We’re less than 20 minutes outside of downtown Traverse City on the beautiful Leelanau Peninsula and offer guests a full slate of activities to enjoy while here. From fat tire biking and snowshoeing through the woods to relaxing afternoons – wine included or not – on our 160-acre estate, all the best things to do in Traverse City in winter are right here waiting for you! Book your room today!
The Best Things to Do in Traverse City in Winter
Between the Leelanau Peninsula, where you’ll find Black Star Farms, and many of the leading Traverse City wineries, Old Mission Peninsula, and Grand Traverse Bay, it’s easy to see why the Traverse City area is such a fantastic destination to visit. There are plenty of great things to do in Traverse City in winter, and we’re the perfect destination to enjoy most of it!
Whether you’ve come to relax, shop, or sip your way through gorgeous Michigan wine country or have a little adventure in the snow, you won’t run out of fun things to do in Traverse City in winter. Below, we’ve compiled a list of some of our favorite things to do in Traverse City in winter, and we look forward to sharing your next adventure with you.
- Wine tasting is undoubtedly one of the best things to do in Traverse City in winter. The wines are always delicious, but the uncrowded tasting rooms and cozy settings make for a perfect winter afternoon. The best place to enjoy wine tasting this winter is, of course, Black Star Farms – but there are also other great stops to make along the Leelanau Peninsula Wine Trail.
- Biking is always a popular thing to do in the area – even in the winter! There’s one key difference, though – in the winter, you’ll want a fat tire bike to navigate the snow. Even so, get out and enjoy one of our favorite things to do in Traverse City in winter. There are some great fat tire biking nearby; explore the TART Trails, including the Leelanau Trail, which can be easily accessed from our property.
- Like biking, there are also some great opportunities for winter hiking on our property and beyond. With a pair of snowshoes, you can easily explore our wooded paradise on the Leelanau Peninsula, where you’ll enjoy a tranquil and invigorating afternoon on the trails.
- If you want to stay indoors, one of the best things to do in Traverse City in winter is to visit the Dennos Museum. It’s one of the leading small art museums in the Midwest. For even more artistic outlets, visit the many great art galleries in downtown Traverse City.
- While enjoying wine tasting on the Old Mission Peninsula, don’t miss your chance to see one of the best Traverse City lighthouses. A wintry visit to the Mission Point Lighthouse is one of the most scenic things to do in Traverse City in winter. The lake views from here are stunning!
- Shop, dine, and explore your way through the unique Village at Grand Traverse Commons, a collection of beautifully restored and repurposed historic buildings that houses several shops, boutiques, galleries, and restaurants.
Wine Tasting on the Leelanau Peninsula Wine Trail
While there are plenty of things to do in Traverse City in winter, one deserves more attention: Wine tasting on the Leelanau Peninsula Wine Trail. The Leelanau Peninsula Wine Trail is the perfect place to get cozy with your sweetheart and enjoy a relaxed and delicious adventure through Michigan wine country. Here, you’ll find exquisite wines and gorgeous views around every bend – and it’s all just minutes from our top-rated Traverse City Bed and Breakfast, located in the heart of the Leelanau Peninsula.
The Leelanau Peninsula Wine Trail is just one part of the Traverse Wine Coast. There are also great wineries on the Old Mission Peninsula on the other side of Grand Traverse Bay. The Leelanau Peninsula, though, is where you’ll find Black Star Farm’s original flagship winery and distinctive Inn & estate. We are the perfect place to start your Leelanau Peninsula Wine Trail adventure.
The wineries on the Leelanau Peninsula Wine Trail offer a huge variety of wines but are best known for their bright, aromatic wines. There are over 25 wineries on the Leelanau Peninsula Wine Trail, including our award-winning Traverse City winery. We’ve been producing internationally acclaimed wines since 1998, made from locally-grown grapes.
Our Traverse City winery produces over 50 different Michigan wines and spirits from farm-grown fruit. With so many things to choose from, it’s easy to see why our inviting tasting room is a great place to start on the Leelanau Peninsula Wine Trail. There’s truly something here for everyone!
In addition to regular tastings in our tasting room, we offer elevated wine-tasting experiences like our private Progressive Wine and Food Tastings. These tasting experiences will serve as a great jumping-off point to other Leelanau Peninsula wineries.
If you’re ready for an unforgettable adventure on the Leelanau Peninsula Wine Trail and beyond, it’s time you experience all the best things to do in Traverse City in winter. Book your room at our top-rated Traverse City Bed and Breakfast today!