Though we – and others – spend a lot of time talking about the best wineries in Traverse City, there’s a lot more to this fantastic town (and area) than great wine! There are more than enough things to do in Traverse City this fall, including visiting Traverse City Breweries. Like many other cities in Michigan, it’s pretty easy to find a fantastic pint of craft beer in Traverse City.
As the weather turns a bit more crisp and cool outside, there’s never been a better time to turn inside. Summer and early fall in the Traverse City area are all about outdoor adventures – and maybe a few wine tastings or two. Winter brings its own range of pursuits to the area, with plenty more to enjoy in the grand outdoor spaces of our lakeside communities. Why not pair those adventures with a warming pint of beer from the best Traverse City breweries?
Whether you’re curious about the craft beer scene in Traverse City and ready to explore or just enjoy a great place to relax at the end of the day, there are plenty of Traverse City breweries to visit this fall and winter. We invite you to take a break from the city while you’re in the area, though, and enjoy our unprecedented getaway on the Leelanau Peninsula.
Our Bed and Breakfast in Traverse City is found just 13 miles north of the city near Suttons Bay. With wine and spirit tastings onsite, an onsite restaurant, comfortable accommodations, and an exquisite array of seasonal activities on our farm, is there any better place to stay in Traverse City? We don’t think so!
Don’t miss your chance to enjoy one of the best fall getaways at our Bed and Breakfast in Traverse City. Book your room today!
The Best Traverse City Breweries
With such a strong reputation for great wine, you may be surprised to learn that Traverse City also has an excellent reputation for beer. Though Traverse City breweries offer an inviting place to drink beer throughout the year, this November may just be the best time to visit Traverse City breweries!
Traverse City Beer Week will take place November 10 – 17 this year, offering beer lovers the perfect time to discover the creativity that goes into every pint. You’ll no doubt leave with a new favorite. Many of the top craft beer destinations in town will offer weekly specials. Whether you can attend Beer Week or not, we’ve curated a list of some of the best Traverse City breweries to visit during your afternoons in town.
- One of the most popular Traverse City Breweries is Right Brain Brewery. The beers are, of course, fantastic and a great representation of the craft brew scene up here – but the atmosphere is also unbeatable.
- Silver Spruce Brewing Company is another great spot to enjoy a locally crafted brew, especially if you’re in the mood for an authentically crafted German or European-style brew.
- Located right in the heart of downtown Traverse City, you’ll find one of the best Traverse City breweries: Workshop Brewing Company. Here, great beer, great pizza, and a great atmosphere are all expected!
- For some of the best beer in town and some delicious food to go along with it, head to Middlecoast Brewing Company.
- Another of our favorite Traverse City breweries is Rarebird Brewpub. Housed in a beautifully restored building, this spot is as hip as the beer is delicious.
- Get cozy in a restored vintage train depot and enjoy one of the best Traverse City breweries. The Filling Station Microbrewery is a must on our list.
- For well-executed and delicious brews in the Traverse City area, don’t miss Fresh Coast Beer Works. The atmosphere is unique, and when paired with their great beer, it’s easy to see why it’s one of the most popular Traverse City breweries.
- Enjoy the beautiful, modern taproom at Brewery Terra Firma, one of the few sustainability-focused Traverse City breweries.
- Though it’s a little outside the city, no list of great Traverse City breweries is complete without mention of Earthen Ales.
- Speaking of great Traverse City breweries located outside of town – there’s a great one up here in Suttons Bay near our Bed and Breakfast. While you’re staying at our Bed and Breakfast in Traverse City, don’t miss Hop Lot Brewing Company in Suttons Bay!
More Great Things to Do in Traverse City This Fall
Whether you’re here specifically for these Traverse City breweries or, like most visitors, just enjoy a good beer or two in between other adventures, you’ll find plenty of fantastic things to do in Traverse City. Traverse City truly is a four-season destination worth experiencing over and over again.
Traverse City itself is, of course, fantastic – but it’s also the perfect jumping-off point for visiting places like the Leelanau Peninsula, home to leading Traverse City wineries, not to mention Sleeping Bear Dunes. Whether you’ve come to relax, shop, adventure on land and water, or sip your way through gorgeous Michigan wine country, we’ve compiled a list of some of the best things to do in Traverse City this fall.
- In addition to visiting these great Traverse City breweries, we also encourage you to enjoy some wine tasting. It’s one of the best things to do in Traverse City, and there are plenty of fantastic Traverse City Wineries to visit.
- Biking is one of the top things to do in Traverse City, especially in the beautiful fall months. Popular trails include the TART Trails, which include the Leelanau Trail near us. Another great trail is the Sleeping Bear Heritage Trail.
- Like biking, there are plenty of great hiking trails in the area, and it’s one of the best things to do in Traverse City in the fall. There may be no better way to immerse yourself in the seasonal splendor than up close and personal with foliage on a hiking trail!
- Take a stunning fall drive on the Pierce Stocking Scenic Drive at the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore.
- Take a trip to the end of the Old Mission Peninsula and visit the Mission Point Lighthouse – one of the many great lighthouses on Grand Traverse Bay, including the Grand Traverse Lighthouse. Visiting these historic buildings is one of the best things to do in Traverse City and also an exceptional way to see the vibrant fall colors.
- See Michigan fall colors from the water, and enjoy a stunning sailing adventure or paddle on Grand Traverse Bay. Don’t forget, we offer a sailing package at our Bed and Breakfast in Traverse City!
- When the weather isn’t great for exploring outdoors, turn to the fantastic museums and other things to do in Traverse City! Take a tour of the Dennos Museum, one of the leading small art museums in the Midwest. There are also some great art galleries in downtown Traverse City.
- Enjoy some shopping at the Village at Grand Traverse Commons, a collection of beautifully restored and repurposed historic buildings that houses several shops, boutiques, galleries, and restaurants.
As wonderful as the area is in the fall, one of the best things to do in Traverse City (any time of year) is enjoy a relaxing stay at our top-rated Bed and Breakfast in Traverse City. Black Star Farms is an unbeatable destination for romantic getaways, wine-tasting adventures, and relaxation amidst the Leelanau Peninsula’s gorgeous scenery. There’s truly no better place to stay in Traverse City. Book your room today!