HARVEST DINNER SERIES
Experience the extraordinary Harvest Dinners at Black Star Farms Suttons Bay in the heart of Northern Michigan Wine Country. The creative farmstead cuisine for these special dinners is inspired by the best locally sourced ingredients, expertly paired with Black Star Farms wines. Seasonal vegetables, fruits and proteins are sourced from our area’s finest farms including our own.
In summer, dine atop our estate vineyard where the breezes and views are exquisite! Other dinners can be hosted in the Centennial Barn or the beautiful, vaulted Aquarius Room of the Inn. The evening begins at 6:00 PM with a welcoming reception featuring a specialty-themed craft cocktail. Dinner is served at elegant communal tables where conversations and striking up new friendships are encouraged. During service our chef will share the inspiration behind the evening’s menu and a winery representative will talk about the wine pairings and share updates on new releases and vintages.
Seats are limited, make your reservation today!
Prices are per person and include welcome cocktail, dinner, wine pairings, tax & service fee.
- New Year’s Eve ~ Tuesday, December 31,2019 ~ Celebrate the end of 2019 in style! Formal attire suggested, black tie optional. $150 ~ View menu
- Valentine’s Dinner ~ Friday, February 14, 2020 ~ Treat your sweetheart to a romantic evening at the Inn. Intimate tables of two will replace the communal tables for this Valentine’s-themed dinner. $110
- Morels in May ~ Friday, May 22, 2020 ~ Join us as we honor this local treasure! At 6 PM get into the woods for an optional guided morel hunt on our property. At 6:30 PM return for a cocktail reception and brief presentation on this beloved fungi, dinner follows at 7 PM. $125
- Al Fresco atop the Vineyard ~ August 7, 2020 ~ More details to follow, save the date!
- Harvest Bounties ~ October 23, 2020 ~ More details to follow.
- New Year’s Eve ~ December 31, 2020 ~ More details to follow.
- Fall Squash & Apples, In the Barn ~ Wednesday October 9,2019 ~ Our historic Pegasus Barn will be the rustic, yet elegant backdrop for this month’s dinner that will feature fall favorites, squash and apples, incorporated throughout the menu. $100 ~ View Menu
- Chef’s Garden, In the Vineyard ~ Wednesday, August 14, 2019 ~ *Dine al fresco in our lush estate vineyard with views of Grand Traverse Bay! At 6 PM join us for an optional tour and presentation of our Chef’s Garden, at 6:30 PM head to the vineyard for a cocktail reception. Dinner, featuring the bounty growing right on our winery estate, follows at 7 PM. $125 ~ View Menu
*The Vineyard and Pegasus Barn locations are weather dependent, back up locations will be provided if needed.
*Please note that due to the nature of these special dinners, menu substitutions, with the exception of food allergies, can not be accommodated.
I was at the Harvest Dinner, Morels in May and it was a great experience. Delicious food, great wine and fantastic company! I definitely recommend and will go back.
We were fortunate enough to experience a Harvest Dinner food and wine pairing event and all we can say was that it truly was a magical evening!!! It was our wedding anniversary and dinner was set in the vineyard! All around us the scenery was breathtaking, the food and wine were fantastic!!! Black Star Farms is a remarkable winery, you’re missing out if you’re in the area and don’t stop in!